Regeneron is seeking a patent attorney to assume a leadership role in the development, protection, and management of Regeneron’s valuable intellectual property pertaining to biologic processes, manufacturing, formulation, packaging and delivery. In cooperation with department leadership, the attorney will develop and implement a comprehensive intellectual property strategy, including: (a) building and overseeing a dedicated group of IP attorneys/agents; (b) developing close client relationships with the relevant scientific and business groups; and (c) coordinating patent filing, trade secret protection, and third party actions.
The attorney will also advise on emerging legal issues, including monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments, and be expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
Sample responsibilities will include:
- Identifying opportunities and obtaining IP protection in the following technological areas:
- manufacturing cell lines,
- seed train protocols and media development,
- pilot scale bulk process,
- large scale biologic manufacturing and CMC,
- development of biologic formulations, and
- drug delivery devices;
- Closely monitoring Regeneron’s manufacturing, device development, and formulation activities and providing timely freedom-to-operate advice; and
- Surveilling competitor activity and taking the steps necessary to ensure Regeneron’s long-term competitive advantage.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice in at least one state, New York is preferred.
- 6-12 years’ in-house and/or law firm experience.
- D. in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or chemical engineering is required; biochemistry is a plus.
- Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Ideal candidate will have a broad range of patent-related legal expertise. Experience in patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, design-around counseling and opinion work is required. Experience in patent licensing, patent litigation and drug regulatory affairs is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
- Ability to independently oversee legal matters, manage the use of outside legal counsel and work collaboratively with other personnel at Regeneron.
- Ability to set aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today at this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25570&siteid=5080&jobId=614631&codes=patentlyo and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Tarrytown, New York