Luminar Technologies is seeking an Internal IP Counsel. Patent Attorney will play an integral role in guiding the growth of the Company’s patent and other Intellectual Property (IP) portfolios. The Patent Attorney will partner with Luminar’s business divisions and work with technologists to identify and document inventions, lead committee reviews of internal invention disclosures, perform patentability evaluations, define patent preparation and prosecution strategies, and manage outside counsel.
The Patent Attorney will also provide IP counseling to internal customers, and may also conduct patent landscaping projects, perform patent analyses, and support licensing, litigation, and M&A activities.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, physics, computer science/engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar field. Direct experience in electro-optics systems and components ideal.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and admission to a state bar (California & Florida)
- Registered with the USPTO.
- 3-5 years of experience in IP law, including at least 2 years of patent preparation and prosecution experience. Previous IP transaction or litigation experience a plus.
- Strong project management, planning, and coordination skills; able to lead and collaborate effectively with teams spanning multiple departments and levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Japanese, Mandarin, or Korean language skills not required, but a plus.
To apply, email Scott Faris at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Palo Alto, California