Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP is a law firm with more than 170 attorneys serving clients in the Southeast and across the nation in a wide range of substantive areas. Our offices are located in Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston and Greenville, South Carolina; and Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington, North Carolina.
We are currently seeking a Patent Attorney with at least three years of experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications, including in the chemical, materials science, and/or biomedical areas. The successful candidate would preferably be based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. However, other offices across our geographic footprint are also possible. A portable book of business in not expected or required.
Qualified candidates will have:
• At least three years of patent preparation and prosecution experience, including in the chemical, materials science, and/or biomedical areas;
• Preferably, an advanced degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or a related discipline;
• A law degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association;
• Registration to practice law before the USPTO; and
• A license to practice law in at least one state, preferably including a state within the firm’s geographic footprint.
Smith Moore Leatherwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of our Firm to afford fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
E-Verify for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
To apply, email Norma DiDonato at: norma.didonato@smithmoorelaw.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina