Stroz Friedberg, an Aon Company, is seeking a Senior Consultant to work in its Intellectual Property department.
The Senior Consultant opportunity works within and in support of the Intellectual Property department. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for working at the direction of leaders in the department to perform daily tasks associated with Intellectual Property client engagements. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a balance between subject matter expertise, initiative, accuracy, self-motivation, organization, and articulate & precise communications. Honesty, professionalism, and creativity are important traits for success in this role.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Investigate current or historical software or hardware to determine capabilities and functions, based on reviewing documentation, source code, schematics, and articles, and/or performing testing and analysis.
- Search public databases of academic and technical literature to identify relevant historical disclosures of techniques.
- Review and critique specifications and claims of issued patents and patent applications.
- Read and analyze computer source code, systems, prior art and data to identify particular features or characteristics.
- Create or modify scripts to process structured and unstructured data.
- Configure and maintain hardware and software systems (Linux, Macintosh, and Windows).
- Identify and solve technical issues and understand complex systems.
- Concisely and correctly communicate results to colleagues both orally and in writing.
- Take ownership of assigned analysis, working within budget and timelines.
The ideal candidate will have basic programming experience (in C/C++; Shell scripting, Java, Assembly languages, Python, or other languages), as well as multiple of the skills listed below:
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Web languages, SQL/Database, Django
- Knowledge of Microsoft languages and frameworks
- Server, Database, and/or network file system administration
- Install and debug hardware, ability to rack & stack servers
- Virtualization, automated OS installation, networking and network security
- Knowledge of Computer Science theory
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or similar disciplines.
To apply, visit this link: https://www.strozfriedberg.com/careers/employment-listings/?p=job%2FoSIv4fwT.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts