Edell, Shapiro & Finnan (“ESF”), an Intellectual Property boutique located just outside the District of Columbia, in Gaithersburg, Maryland, is seeking a full-time senior trademark attorney to join its trademark practice.
ESF serves a diverse client base, which includes individuals, start-up companies, and Fortune 500 companies with substantial IP portfolios. This client base values our knowledge, experience, and commitment to their objectives. Our trademark clients include agricultural companies, cosmetics companies, musical artists, electronic products manufacturers, retail services providers, restaurants, consumer products manufacturers, and industrial equipment manufacturers.
The firm atmosphere is a low-stress, but hard-working environment where you can balance work and personal responsibilities.
Candidates can expect to assist a wide variety of clients to navigate all aspects of trademark law, including trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, opinion work, and client counseling.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of law firm trademark legal experience in all aspects of trademark law practice, including trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, opinion work, and client counseling;
- BS/BA and JD Degree from an accredited institution;
- Experience as a trademark examining attorney not required, but would be a plus;
- Significant experience in conducting trademark clearances, reviewing and analyzing preliminary and full trademark searches and providing opinions, guidance and advice to clients regarding the availability of trademarks for use/registration;
- Significant experience managing domestic trademark prosecution, including preparation of applications for registration, responses to USPTO Office Actions, and all pre- and post-registration filings;
- Significant experience managing global trademark portfolios, including structuring the scope of international filings, and instructing, corresponding with, and supervising the actions of a network of international associates -- international trademark portfolios under our care range in size from a handful to thousands of non-U.S. registrations;
- Significant experience analyzing potential claims and defenses in trademark enforcement and infringement matters;
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board experience not required, but would be a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, in dealing with clients, support personnel, and foreign counsel; and
- Strong writing, organizational, and analytical skills.
While candidates with a portable book of business are encouraged to apply, portable business is not necessarily required.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland