Advanced Energy is seeking a Manager of Intellectual Property.
The Manager of Intellectual Property will be responsible for the technical review, research, direction and management of Advanced Energy’s intellectual property portfolio (patent, copyright, trademark and confidential trade secrets), and will provide guidance to engineering teams as they develop new products. The Manager of Intellectual Property will play a leading role in advancing Advanced Energy’s intellectual property program and will be a subject matter expert in understanding the company’s products and the intellectual property contained therein.
- Proactively drive, lead, influence and manage Advanced Energy’s intellectual property program across the various product lines leading to increased invention disclosures and technical leadership.
- Coordinate and communicate with product line general managers the areas of potential intellectual property and be a driving force in communicating and advocating the use of such intellectual property across product lines.
- Proactively reviewing and accessing on a quarterly basis the patent landscape in the company’s product and application fields to assess competitive threats and trends in the various markets we serve.
- Strategize and implement action plans to address potential intellectual property incursions and areas of opportunity.
- Advise development teams during the new product development process (PDP).
- Manage the invention submissions and patent review committee process.
- Manage provisional patent filings to proactively protect inventions during early development, and then secure long term protection.
- Manage the company’s trade secret procedures, locations and security to ensure protection of company intellectual property.
- Interact with the company’s legal department and outside patent counsel.
- Support intellectual property diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
- Manages the budget of the outside patent counsel.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with experience in power conversion and materials science as applied to the semiconductor and industrial markets.
- Product engineering experience with a clear understanding of analog devices and RF and DC fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. Patent process, a proven ability to read and understand patent claims, creating claim comparison charts, and directing outside patent counsel.
- Being a registered patent agent would be preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong process and project management skills.
- Ability to independently manage a diverse workload and works well with others, especially engineers across world-wide regions.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Fort Collins, Colorado