Genus is seeking an Associate General Counsel, I.P. Directs, coordinates, and manages legal advice and services related to patents, trademarks, IP licenses and other intellectual property matters for ABS, PIC and R&D management teams. Provides direct line management for the IP team to ensure attainment of established strategies and objectives.
- Providing leadership and management to the Global IP team
- Develops and implements appropriate strategies for patent families and has significant experience in drafting, filing and prosecuting patents
- Able to perform freedom to operate searches and conduct due diligence activities for internal and external business opportunities
- Works closely with R&D teams to implement Genus’ stage gate review process and identify and define new inventions
- Efficiently managing the global patent docket sytem to ensure the filing prosecution and maintenance of Genus’ patents
- Planning, assigning, and directing IP strategy and work-loads for the IP team
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for corporate acquisitions, R&D collaberations or licences;
- Maintaining the global IP budget
- Ensuring appropriate IP resource allocation for the various R&D teams and other functions within the Genus group
- Providing high quality IP and legal advice to the R&D teams and business as necessary
- Analysing IP and commercial risk of potential business strategies and effectively managing such risks
- Assisting in the management of IP litigation through external counsel as required
- Providing effective management of external advisors
10 years legal experience preferred.
Send resumes to Karmen.Muller@genusplc.com. Please include cover letter and resume.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: DeForest, Wisconsin