CPA Global is seeking a Search Trainer who is responsible for content development, delivery of live and recorded training sessions, and achieving training department objectives for contractual and internal quality metrics. Leads training staff and supports quality assurance personnel to align training activities with business needs and deliverables. Provides training support for patent classification, Patent Cooperation Treaty examinations, and commercial searching. Leads and manages library team member.
- Develop patent search and patent classification content.
- Deliver live and recorded training sessions.
- Utilize metrics to ensure alignment of training department functions and customer needs.
- Monitor and schedule training workloads in addition to review and analysis of monthly quality reports to provide targeted training to employees in close coordination with the Director of Quality.
- Responsible for coordination of training delivery based on quality review metrics.
- Monitor quality and deliver targeted training as required by individual or group performance.
- Work closely with India-based training team to support training of US and EMEA Commercial Search teams.
- Collaborate with corporate management and foreign and domestic training teams to ensure consistent documentation and adherence to operational processes/procedures between delivery centers, including standard operating procedures, quality procedures, and training initiatives.
- Continually review processes and procedures to recommend changes and improve efficiencies.
- Responsible for training team members to ensure content development is delivered in a consistent and effective manner.
- Plan and lead training activities for commercial and government search groups.
- Responsible for the leadership, management and mentorship of team members.
- Lead and support library team member in management of domain-specific database systems, contracts, IDs, vendor relationships.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports and manage performance issues effectively including annual reviews.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an engineering or science discipline and four or more years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of previous supervisory experience is required.
- Advanced written, oral and verbal communication skills
- One or more years of Patent search, examination, classification, or patent prosecution experience
- Proven ability to teach, lead, mentor, manage and develop team members
- Ability to obtain US Government public trust clearance within 30 days of hire
- Strong decision-making skills with an ability to effectively prioritize and delegate work
- Subject matter expert in patent search and classification
- Must be a proactive, team-focused individual contributor and leader
- Strong attention to detail
- Brand champion who displays role model-level leadership qualities
- Acts as a champion of the company and supports senior leadership decisions
- Strong knowledge of patent law as well as search databases to support staff and client requests
To apply, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Detroit, Michigan