RPX Corporation is seeking a motivated individual to add to the success of its Patent Litigation and Marketplace Intelligence team. In this role, the Research Associate will conduct legal and more general research sufficient to describe and explain patent acquisitions, court filings, and litigation events through various forms of written work product. You will participate in the development and production of daily updates, weekly newsletters, and longer-term trend analyses.
About This Role
- Conducts legal and more general research that illustrates and explains patent acquisitions, court filings and litigation events through various forms of written work product
- Contributes to the development and production of daily updates, weekly newsletters, and longer-term trend analyses
- Tracks daily ongoing developments of key patent-related litigation activity in state, federal, and ITC courts
- Works with more senior team members to constantly refine and improve writing style
- Stays abreast of developing patent risk/litigation/market activity to further inform content
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a research/writing-intensive discipline such as English, journalism, etc. Juris Doctorate or experience in the field of law (legal writer, litigation assistant, paralegal) is preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ professional writing experience for a business or consumer audience. Familiarity with court dockets and ability to interpret court filings and orders.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe litigation parties, events, rulings through written work output and at various levels of sophistication and granularity
- Ability to investigate and use learned industry knowledge to drive broader strategic objectives
- Comfortable working under an editor and receptive to constructive feedback
- Service-minded with ability to develop and build relationships with key partners internally and externally, with a focus on results
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a dynamic, evolving company
- A sound work ethic and ability to work in a team-centered culture
- Capable to work with virtual, global teams
- Excellent social, networking, and influencing skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and dedicated with a willingness to take on additional
- Shown history of success, ownership, and accountability
- Confident personality supported by disciplined, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and multiple priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and meticulous with details
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Represents RPX in a manner consistent with its culture and values
- Proficiency using WordPress, SQL, and/or Salesforce
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Legal experience specific to patent law/litigation viewed favorably
- Knowledge of financial reporting practices of publicly traded companies viewed favorably
- Experience crafting, maintaining, and implementing style guides viewed favorably
RPX is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit this website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oyru8fwl&s=Patently-O.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Francisco, California