RPX Corporation is seeking a Senior Patent Engineer, Semiconductor Technology.
The Patent Analysis department synthesizes complex technologies and legal patent issues into actionable intelligence for RPX executives and clients. Patent Analysis research supports initiatives in defensive portfolio acquisitions, prior art validity actions, and advisory services. The positions in Patent Analysis require a deep and broad knowledge of specific technology sectors.
As a Senior Patent Engineer, you will analyze patent claims and related materials in view of legal, technological, and business environments to understand the technical merit and patent quality of individual patent portfolios. Your main responsibility is to distill a body of analysis and research into a concise, clear, and actionable assessment to both technical and non-technical audiences. This position reports in to the Director of Patent Analysis.
About This Role
- Assess numerous engineering and legal factors to extract patent value proposition
- Draw on detailed knowledge of relevant technologies, companies, and industries
- Explain complex technical issues to nontechnical audiences
- Isolate critical technical components of patents, products, and services
- Learn and apply legal concepts related to patents including prosecution and litigation
- Research timeliness of patents in support of validity challenges and prior art reports
- Support analysis conclusions with research driven logic and confidence
- Collaborate across the organization in-person and with virtual, global teams
- Establish and build relationships internally and externally
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Master's degree or Doctor of Philosophy viewed favorably
Experience: Experience with client engagements in explaining highly technical subject matter; Involvement in patent issues including prosecution, litigation, and valuation viewed favorably; Patent Attorney or Agent viewed favorably
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with independently handling deadlines and conflicting priorities to deliver quality results
- Demonstrates a shown history of success, ownership, and accountability
- Service-minded and passionate about results with an ability to develop positive relationships
- Adaptable to the many changing requirements and needs of a dynamic company
- A person with dedication and work ethic that thrives in a team-centric culture with excellent social, networking, and influencing skills
- Motivated and focused with a willingness to pursue additional projects
- Able to demonstrate good judgment
- Highly focused, organized, and pay attention to details
- Represents RPX in a manner consistent with its culture and values
- Broad expertise in semiconductor architecture, design, and implementation of areas such as:
- Processors (e.g., standalone, embedded, multi-core, SoC)
- Memory (e.g., DRAM, Flash)
- Analog (e.g., ADC/DAC, PLL) and clock management
- Interfaces (e.g., PCIe, high speed serial connectivity, bus architectures)
- Power management ICs
- FPGA systems
- Semiconductor manufacturing (e.g., fabrication process, packaging, assembly, and test)
- Standards and architectures (e.g., JEDEC, x86, ARM)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
RPX is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit this website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oprW4fwA&s=Patently-O.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Francisco, California