Dorsey & Whitney LLP's patent group is seeking an Associate or Agent with two to five years of experience to be based in Denver or Seattle. This Associate or Agent will have the opportunity to work on a variety of patent prosecution projects. Dorsey offers opportunities for advancement within a collegial and dynamic environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The following qualifications are required:
- USPTO admission
- Two to five years of Patent Associate or Patent Agent experience
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or a B.S. in Engineering with relevant technical Computer Science or Electrical Engineering work experience
- Strong academic performance
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community. One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
- Mansfield Rule Plus Certification (Diversity Lab)
- Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
- Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
- Top 100 Adoption-Friendly Workplace (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Patent Agent candidates should apply at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and Patent Associate candidates should apply at www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. In addition to submitting your cover letter, resume and transcript with your application, please also submit a patent prosecution writing sample.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Denver, Colorado or Seattle, Washington