Holland & Hart is seeking an IP Specialist (a hybrid patent prosecution paralegal/patent administrator) to support their dynamic, growing electronics-focused patent practice in Boulder or Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, Utah. We represent some of the largest and most innovative technology companies in the world, and have a unique, collaborative environment focused on excellence, teamwork, and work/life balance. We offer excellent salaries, outstanding benefits, and an energizing, professional work environment.
- Supporting our patent attorneys in docket and practice management
- Various tasks associated with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications including:
- Manage and perform range of duties related to an internal electronic file system
- Generate templates for patent applications, and responses to various Office Actions (including but not limited to: a Filing Receipt, Notice to File Missing Parts, Response to Office Action, Notice of Publication, Notice of Allowance, Issue Notification; and Letters Patent) as they relate to correspondence/filing with USPTO, PCT, and foreign associates
- Prepare additional templates for various legal documents (Declaration, Powers of Attorney, Assignments)
- Review formalities of filed patent documents to ensure proper form, including Filing Receipts, Declarations, Recordings, Information Disclosure Statements, allowed patents ready to issue, etc.)
- Perform electronic filings at the USPTO
- Managing client workflows, including intake, opening of matters, and tracking
- Performing a variety of patent support and administrative tasks as needed
While docketing, paralegal, and/or patent prosecution experience is preferred we are considering all career-focused, interested candidates who are able to demonstrate that he/she:
- Has exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Is motivated to excel with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Has a strong work ethic and prefers to keep busy.
- Is able to quickly learn and comprehend complex and highly-technical concepts and processes.
- Has superior oral and written communication skills.
- Thinks critically to understand how each task fits into the broader workflow.
- Always seeks to maximize the efficient use of technology available and strives to make tasks easier and more efficient.
- Is proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are requirements, Visio is a plus).
- Wants to be part of, and would thrive in, a dynamic, professional, growing patent practice.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to NStern@hollandhart.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Boulder or Denver, Colorado or Salt Lake City, Utah