Christensen O'Connor Johnson Kindness PLLC is seeking an associate level patent attorney or agent to join our firm’s Electrical Engineering Patent Practice Group. Responsibilities include patent preparation, prosecution, foreign portfolio management and conducting due diligence on new products and technology acquisitions towards rendering opinions to clients. The position requires working closely with clients, inventors, and firm attorneys.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to develop and expand internal and external relationships. The candidate must excel in a team environment, as well be a motivated self-starter who works well under pressure, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements include a B.S. in electrical engineering, electronics, applied physics, or material science, a J.D. from an accredited law school, a license to practice law in at least one state, preferably Washington, and admittance to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Conducting prior art searches
- Determining ownership rights to various parts of an invention
- Drafting patent applications and working with the USPTO to resolve patent examiner questions
- Assisting clients whose patents have been infringed
- Advising clients on the use and protection of patents
- Assisting clients with identifying the nature of their intellectual property
- Monitoring existing and proposed patents
- Attending meetings and conducting conference calls with clients and contacts in the United States and overseas
- Dealing with general inquiries on patent protection
- Filing domestic and international patent applications
- Handling patent renewals
Interested candidates should apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or https://christensen-oconnor-
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Seattle, Washington