The Los Angeles office of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, is seeking a highly qualified staff attorney with at least four to seven years of relevant experience to join our high-profile and fast-paced IP protection and enforcement practice. More-senior candidates are welcome to apply.
The IP protection and enforcement practice represents clients in a wide range of industries including entertainment, fashion, consumer products, technology, financial services, and digital media in all aspects of trademark and copyright practice including trademark/copyright counseling, trademark clearance/prosecution, copyright counseling/registration, branding/copyright counseling for online/digital media, IP transactions, trademark/copyright disputes, management of international trademark portfolios, inter partes proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and online enforcement of IP rights (e.g., ICANN domain name disputes, online takedowns, DMCA).
- At least four to seven years of experience specific to trademark/copyright, and in-depth knowledge of trademark counseling, clearance, prosecution and portfolio management including complex office actions
- Strong experience in handling trademark disputes (e.g., demand letters, TTAB proceedings, UDRP proceedings, online takedowns)
- Experience handling discovery and drafting pleadings, briefs and motions
- IP transactional experience a plus
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Thrives working both independently and in a team environment
- Nimble in a fast-paced environment and detail oriented
- Strong and committed work ethic
- California Bar membership in good standing
All candidates must apply through our online application portal, available here: https://www.manatt.com/Careers/Current-Opportunities/Trademark-Copyright-Staff-Attorney. Required application materials include a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and transcript.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Los Angeles, California