Aurora Consulting LLC, is a full-service patent strategy firm, offering solutions in the areas of portfolio management, patent portfolio growth, and strategic patent prosecution. We are seeking an experienced Patent Strategy Specialist to help drive strategic portfolio management, rapid growth, and long-term success for early-stage and emerging growth companies.
Who we are:
We are a fully distributed company with a culture that promotes a high degree of autonomy, work ownership, and quality at every step. You work where, when, and how you want – with others who have a deep passion for technology. We are engineers and scientists first.
What you’ll do:
You will drive all strategic and applied aspects of patent portfolio management. Working closely with each client’s business, legal, technical and management teams, you will lead the client’s patent strategy and portfolio development efforts, including assessing the commercial and strategic value of the patent portfolio, identifying and capturing opportunities, preparing applications, and guiding patent prosecution. The role requires a thorough understanding of each client’s business strategy and technology, financial capabilities, current and future business opportunities, and competitive patent landscape.
Who you are:
- Registered USPTO Patent agent with a background in bioengineering, engineering, software, biotechnology, or related technical discipline. A Master’s degree, Ph.D., and/or J.D. is preferable.
- 2+ years as an experienced patent strategist who is technically skilled and comfortable drafting and reviewing utility and design patent applications in the fast-paced startup world. You should be able to share multiple office action responses that resulted in issued patents and provide patent numbers for multiple issued patents that were 100% drafted by you.
- Experience performing patentability and freedom-to-operate analysis.
- Experience tracking and maintaining multiple clients’ patent portfolios in different subject matter areas, monitoring portfolios with docketing systems, and providing regular updates to clients.
- Ability to review and analyze technically complex documents, including scientific papers, patents, and technical specifications.
- Excellent organizational, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Team player with proven ability to work with dynamic and diverse groups of engineers, inventors, and business and strategy teams
- Can self-direct, manage, and motivate. Takes personal ownership and responsibility for driving results and achieving milestones.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
This will begin as fully remote, part-time role with very infrequent travel. We are going through a massive growth stage, sparked only by client love and referrals. There’s significant potential for this to evolve into a full time role for the right person and a potential partnership track for the really right person.
Apply online at the following link: https://aurora-consulting.breezy.hr/p/dff572088ca2-patent-strategy-specialist. In your cover letter, please reference: two Google Patents links to issued patents that were 100% drafted by you and two office action responses that resulted in issued patents.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote (Telecommute)