What do you want from your legal career? Fulfilling work. Rewarding relationships. An opportunity to develop in areas about which you feel passionate. At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find a firm committed to helping you cultivate excellent legal skills and leadership with clients, colleagues, and your community. We offer a work environment where excellence can flourish and where teamwork, diversity, family life, and community involvement are all valued.
The Firm is seeking a patent attorney to join its Seattle-based Patent Group.
Roles and Requirements:
- At least two years of patent preparation and prosecution experience
- An ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work with clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
- A technical background in computer technology is required
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of clients (from startups to Fortune 500 companies) and also experience with a variety of technology areas such as mechanical devices, consumer products and designs is highly desirable
- Technical experience with cloud computing, cryptography, information security, robotics or block chain would also be desirable
- Only candidates with a CS, or BSEE degree, or equivalent experience that are admitted to practice before the USPTO as a patent attorney should apply
Submit your application via the following link: https://careers.dwt.com/ patent-associate-mid-level- seattle/job/11566423. Please include a cover letter addressed to Deverie Hart, Senior Manager of Lawyer Recruiting, a resume, a copy of your law school transcript, and a writing sample (preferably a patent application in the field of computer science unedited by a 3rd party).
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Seattle, WA