AMD develops high-performance computing and visualization products to solve some of the world’s toughest and most interesting challenges. We are seeking a Corporate Counsel, IP to join our legal team. (Corp. Counsel, Legal, IP- 78036)
This person is responsible for the development and maintenance of AMD’s global patent portfolio. You will also work with your colleagues in the IP & Licensing team on defensive patent matters and patent monetization programs and within the AMD legal department (on matters which require your expertise in patent matters).
Having excellent technical and legal skills with the ability to develop each of those in a fast-paced environment is critical to your success in this role. Being outgoing and engaging in your work with the inventor community are also very important characteristics.
- Manage outside counsel (domestic and foreign) in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications related to AMD’s global businesses.
- Provide information and training to internal groups as required regarding patent protection procedures and programs.
- Ability to quickly understand and evaluate new technologies & products
- Assessment of legal risks in a business context and offer practical solutions
- Technical acumen in patented technologies developed by AMD
- Ability to communicate and express your opinions and bases for those opinions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, business judgment and strategic legal thinking
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Patent Bar admission in good standing.
- State/Provincial Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status)
- REQUIRED: BSEE or higher degree with experience in hardware and software related technologies
- REQUIRED: LLB or JD with experience with a major law firm or technology company (minimum 5 years of legal experience)
- This position is ideally located in Santa Clara, CA but could also be in Austin, TX or in the Toronto, ON locations.
Apply online via the following link: https://jobs.amd.com/job/Santa-Clara-Corp_-Counsel%2C-Legal-IP-78036-Cali/633688100/?locale=en_US
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Santa Clara, California; Austin, Texas; or Toronto, ON