McNeill Baur was founded six years ago by a group of former big law attorneys who continue to practice high value, strategic patent prosecution and client counseling but in a small firm environment. We have multiple unique opportunities for patent attorneys or agents specializing in the fields of chemistry and biology.
We are looking for one or more attorneys or agents with a least 5 years relevant experience in complex patent prosecution and/or patent counseling. Exceptional scientific and legal training from prestige universities and companies and/or firms is required.
McNeill Baur attorneys are nationally recognized leaders in life sciences patent prosecution and counseling. The firm has been ranked as a recommended firm for patent prosecution for multiple years.
- We strongly prefer an advanced biology or chemistry degree, preferably a PhD, from a superior institution.
- We particularly seek candidates with a track record of performing work for innovative life science, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical corporations based in the United States.
- Strong candidates will have demonstrated scientific expertise and persuasive writing skills, deep knowledge of best practices in patent prosecution, and effectively present work product orally.
- Successful candidates must be admitted to practice before the USPTO and capable of working independently.
- The successful candidate will support partners in multiple locations and must be comfortable working independently.
This is a unique opportunity to practice law at a big firm level, while benefiting from the firm's strong commitment to respecting employee work-life balance.
- There is no work origination or business development requirement in this position.
- Attorneys and agents design their own work plan, including schedule and billable hour goals, in consultation with partners.
- The firm has never had a central brick-and-mortar location and instead uses advanced cloud-based networking capabilities. This eliminates commuting and allows employees to reside in the city of their choice.
- We will consider candidates for both part-time and full-time positions. We also welcome on-ramp candidates who want to return to the workforce.
- The firm offers health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, an EAP program, a competitive salary, and a 401K plan with generous matching component.
Apply via email to:
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements, desired hours per year, and a portfolio listing representative US patents or published applications that you have drafted and/or prosecuted.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: remote