Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC is seeking a Foreign Filing Specialist for their offices in Alexandria, Virginia or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare new patent applications for filing at appropriate patent office overseas, the Patent Cooperation Treaty ("PCT") U.S. Receiving Office and in the International Bureau of WIPO, ensuring information for application and formalities is accurate and complete.
- Obtain and file outstanding documentation such as priority documents, powers of attorney, assignments, formal drawings, etc., needed to complete patent application. Legalize documents if necessary.
- Communicate with attorneys, foreign associates, clients, embassies, the State Department, the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the International Bureau of WIPO, including drafting reporting letters to clients and instruction letters to foreign associates, preparing and processing paperwork necessary during pendency of patent application and during life of patent.
- Review and docket all incoming mail related to foreign patent applications in department electronic docket.
- Review and update daily and biweekly foreign dockets from docketing system. Follow-up with attorneys and clients of upcoming deadlines.
- Obtain various cost estimates for attorneys and clients.
- Review notifications related to changes in international and foreign patent laws and regulations. Utilize foreign patent reference materials and the Internet, ensuring current procedures is up-to-date.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Business School diploma or equivalent IP patent foreign filing experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years of recent IP patent PCT and foreign filing experience within a law firm environment.
- Knowledge and skilled in operating and functions of docketing software, and software related to an electronic work environment (Windows 7, Microsoft Word 2010, Outlook, document management system, copier/scanner, FoundationIP).
- Knowledge of PCT and foreign patent laws.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate professionally both written and verbal.
- Ability to e-file.
- Available to work overtime when needed
Apply online at:
Resume required with submission.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Alexandria, Virginia or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania