Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC (HFZ), a boutique law firm located in downtown Chicago, is looking for local patent attorneys with 1-5 years’ experience to join our patent prosecution team. HFZ represents clients in a wide variety of industries and technologies including the automotive, aerospace, electronics, software, Internet, e-commerce, wireless and cloud technology sectors, artificial intelligence and machine learning, biomedical instrumentation and consumer goods, process technologies and digital signal processing industries, media and process control technologies, amongst others. This full-time position has a billable hour requirement of 1850 hours with a year-end bonus potential.
Benefits of working with HFZ:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and strong benefits package
- Excellent work/life balance
- HFZ works with many Fortune 500 technology companies and three of the top twenty-five patent producing companies in the US
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and clients
- Team environment
- Small Firm environment with an Open-door Policy allowing easy access to senior attorneys and Managing Partners
- Non-Equity/Equity Partnership consideration after a total of seven years’ work experience, two years of which must be with HFZ.
- 1-5 years of patent prosecution experience
- Admitted to USPTO
- Registered attorney
- Previous work focused primarily on drafting and prosecuting patent applications and office action responses
- Excellent academic credentials in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
To apply please submit your resume, transcripts and cover letter to the Patent Associate Attorney Job Opportunity posted on HFZ’s website: https://hfzlaw.com/recruit
ATTN: Bill O’Connor Recruitment Manager
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. A diverse and inclusive workforce enriches our work experience and enhances the value of our legal services. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Chicago, IL