WestRock, a large corporation, is looking for an experienced patent agent for our in-house intellectual property team, which currently is made up of two attorneys, a patent agent, and two paralegals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and prosecuting U.S. patent applications and working closely with outside counsel to prosecute international patent applications.
- Collaborating with designers, engineers, and other technical personnel to understand new inventions and to implement drafting and prosecution strategies to ensure appropriate patent protection.
- Conducting searches and providing analyses to support freedom-to-operate, infringement, invalidity, and other opinions.
- Providing key business leaders with intelligence on competitor’s patent activities.
- Assisting product teams to navigate complex patent landscape, including identifying creative “design-around” solutions to competitor’s patents.
- Assisting in-house counsel with patent portfolio management.
What you need to succeed:
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Knowledge of USPTO and WIPO rules and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or similar technical field, preferably chemical engineering or materials science.
- 3+ years of experience as a patent agent in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Experience with patent search platforms, such as Thomson Innovation and PatSnap or similar.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work as part of a diverse team, and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to meet new challenges with an open mind and an optimistic response.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential comprehensive benefits, including healthcare and 401k
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
Apply via email to:
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Remote