Hylton-Rodic Law PLLC, a boutique intellectual property law firm, is looking for an experienced registered U.S. Patent Agent Biotech/Chemical Patent Agent with 2+ years of experience in a law firm or corporation.
If you are looking for work/life balance, a collegial work environment, and opportunity for professional growth, then apply to join our team!
You will be involved with a wide variety of work, including: patent preparation and prosecution, portfolio management, patent risk assessment, strategic analysis, and opinion work.
The ideal candidate must have experience drafting applications in the following technical areas: small molecules, medical devices, monoclonal antibodies, and virology applications.
- Advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology/Virology, or Immunology, or equivalent discipline
- USPTO Patent Registration
- Experience in a law firm or at the USPTO
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Remote applicants with these qualifications will be considered
- Drafting new patent applications
- Prosecuting domestic patent applications
- Preparing instructions to foreign associates for prosecution of foreign applications
- Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects
- Performing prior art searches and analysis and patentability analyses
- Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships
Inquiries are with treated strict confidentiality.
NO recruiters, please.
How should candidates apply for this position?
Please apply by submitting your resume, and salary requirements along with a cover letter.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Washington DC (will consider remote applicants)