TTI Consumer Power Tools, Inc d/b/a TTI Power Equipment (“TTIPE”) is seeking to fill an in-house Intellectual Property Counsel position located at its Anderson, South Carolina office. TTIPE is a global leader in quality consumer and professional power tools and outdoor products, designing and developing products under brands including RYOBI, HART, and RIDGID. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation, and holidays.
- Manage product clearance and patent application preparation and prosecution.
- Advise TTIPE business and engineering personnel in matters of product clearance, patentability, and related strategies.
- Conduct invention mining and brainstorming sessions with TTIPE personnel.
- Conduct patent clearance and patentability searches.
- Manage portions of TTIPE’s patent portfolio.
- Conduct competitor monitoring.
- Participate in IP Steering Committee Meetings.
- Provide support in patent licensing, enforcement, and controversy matters.
- Contribute to optimizing processes and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a patent practitioner in a law firm and/or corporate setting.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school and active member of a state bar and in good standing.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-pace environment.
- Proficient time management and organizations skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication and advocacy skills.
- Self-motivated, takes ownership, and has a proper attention to detail.
- Limited travel.
Apply via email to:
Include a resume with your submission.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Anderson, SC