Chicago Area Creative Achievement Award: The Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) invites nominations for its 2010 Creative Achievement Award (formerly called the Inventor of the Year Award). In addition to recognizing inventors, the award is intended to recognize significant achievements in the creation of a trademark or service mark and related branding, marketing, and advertising activities, as well as achievements in literary, visual, musical, dramatic, and other arts protected by copyrights. The annual award may fall in any one of these categories for inventive/creative activity conducted in the Chicago metropolitan area. Details on criteria for the award and a nomination form are available on the IPLAC website. Nominations are due by Friday, March 12, 2010. IPLAC will announce the award winner at its Annual Meeting on May 4, 2010. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marc Richards at 312.321.4729, chair of IPLAC's Creative Achievement Award committee, with any questions.
Most popular Patently-O posts during the past month:
- Dear Patent Attorney and Patent Agent: Consider Joining to the PTO
- Top-Ten Pending Patent Cases
- Patent Reform Moving Forward
- What Does a Patent Examiner Do with 900+ References?
- Ariad v. Eli Lilly: Written Description Requirement
- The North Face versus The South Butt
- Patent Examiner Experience Levels
- Inequitable Conduct Based on Contradictory Statements to the EPO (in a non-family member application)
- False Marking False Marking False Marking False Marking all at up to $500 per offense
- Viagra, Cialis, & Levitra: Board of Patent Appeals Affirms Rejection of Pfizer’s Broad Patent over ED Treatment