- Kevin Noonan at PatentDocs reviews the recent Special 301 report by the U.S. Trade Representative focusing on the protection and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights. "The Priority Watch List in the Report lists Algeria, Argentina, Chile, Chine, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Russia, Thailand, and Venezuela."
- Eric Goldman review's Vermont's "First Anti-Patent Trolling Law." Prof. Goldman highlights a key problem for all nuanced anti-abusive-litigation statutes. He writes: "I'm skeptical of this attempt to distinguish legitimate from illegitimate patent assertions."
- Michael C. Smith writes on a recent court ruling that allows expert testimony that applies the "entire market value rule" in calculating damages.
- Bill Vobach highlights the fact that Raymond Chen's nomination to the Federal Circuit has been voted out of the Judiciary Committee and now moves to the full Senate for Consideration.
- The ELS Blog calls for papers on Trademark Data.
- Job: Berkeley needs a new Associate Director of its IP Law Clinic [Link]
- IP Strategy Summit: Silicon Valley on June 19th & June 20th at the Four Seasons in Palo Alto
- Chisum Patent Academy (Featuring Professors Don Chisum and Janice Mueller). July 31 – August 2, 2013 in Seattle.
- Patent Prosecution in Portland with Marger Johnson McCollom
- Patent Agent in Carlsbad California with ViaSat
- Practice Patent Law in NC Research Triangle with Smith & Hopen
- Patent Attorney in Tysons Corner, Virginia with Roberts Mlotkowski Safran & Cole
- Bring your Patent Business to Morristown NJ with Pergament Gilman & Cepeda LLP
- Patent Prosecution in West Palm Beach with Akerman Senterfitt