T-Mobile USA has an exciting opportunity for an In-House Counsel – Intellectual Property to be located at its corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA. This experienced patent attorney, working in the T-Mobile Legal Department and the Intellectual Property team, will provide legal advice and support relating to patent procurement and general intellectual property matters.
- Procure and manage company IP, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, domains and trade secrets
- Support the company's patent incentive program
- Team with company attorneys concerning patent procurement, intellectual property claims, technology licensing and litigation
- Create intellectual property policies and training materials
- Communicate and coordinate with European affiliates' IP counsel on global intellectual property policies and licenses
- Advise internal business clients and legal staff on company's intellectual property policies and general IP law and procedure
- Prior experience in drafting and prosecuting patent matters, as well as a demonstrated facility in reviewing patents and understanding highly technical conceptions across a wide variety of subject matters
- Law degree and 7+ years of legal experience, including patent prosecution and either patent litigation or technology licensing experience
- A technical degree in a relevant technology-related discipline, as well as law firm and previous in-house experience strongly desired
- Aptitude for, and a strong desire to obtain, a deep and broad knowledge of wireless products and services
- A demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and to advance practical solutions
- Detail-oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-oriented interpersonal skills and a proven ability to excel working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing: help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.