A privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington seeks an in-house patent attorney to work on a variety of intellectual property-related projects. As a Patent Attorney for us you will use your depth of experience in intellectual property, patent prosecution and licensing.
Daily activities will include:
- Assisting in strategic management of existing portfolio of issued patents and on-going prosecution of pending cases
- Evaluating potential licensing value, technical merit, and patentability/validity of invention disclosures, patent applications and patents
- Reviewing and evaluating the quality, cost-effectiveness and scope of work performed by outside patent counsel
- Assisting in developing and implementing portfolio analysis and tracking tools to build infrastructure and enable efficient scaling of work for rapidly growing portfolio
- Managing docketing team to ensure accurate entry of patent information
- Managing staff of Paralegals and Patent Assistants responsible for researching and evaluating patent file histories and title assignments for patent due diligence
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- J.D. degree from high-quality, ABA accredited law school
- Undergraduate degree in EE, Physics, or Computer Science
- Admission to Washington or other state bar
- Admission to practice before US Patent and Trademark Office
- At least four years experience as practicing patent attorney, with primary emphasis on patent prosecution in electrical arts
- Ability to lead and manage a fast moving dynamic team
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills a must
- Due diligence investigations of patent portfolios
- Foreign prosecution
- In-house experience or other experience managing outside counsel
- Broad technical or business knowledge of software, eCommerce, computer systems, semiconductors, telecommunications or consumer electronics.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Bellevue, Washington
Please apply online at email@example.com.