CME Group is the world’s largest and most diverse exchange. Formed by the 2007 merger of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT), CME Group serves the risk management needs of customers around the globe.
Financial services is an evolving industry for patents. CME Group is a leader in this space due to its ability to innovative. We manage one of the largest and diverse patent portfolios in the financial services industry. We are looking for someone to further develop our patent portfolio through the following responsibilities:
• Manage strategic inventing sessions and invention disclosure review and evaluation process.
• Provide guidance and counseling to various divisions within the organization to leverage our current portfolio.
• Manage domestic and foreign patent prosecution.
• Support patent opinion activities including freedom to operate, patentability, validity/invalidity and infringement/non-infringement opinions.
• Support investigations into third party patents and patent-related litigation.
• Support patent issues with mergers and acquisition.
• Support the Intellectual Property Team, patent litigation and patent licensing activities.
• 3-6 years of patent law experience.
• Admission to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Offices and admission to the Illinois Bar is required.
• Backgrounds in electrical engineering or software development are highly preferred.
• Financial Services experience highly preferred.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
As an international marketplace, CME Group brings buyers and sellers together on the CME Globex electronic trading platform and on its trading floors. CME Group offers the widest range of benchmark products available across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, agricultural commodities, energy, and alternative investment products such as weather and real estate. CME Group is traded on the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ under the symbol “CME.”
In a world of increasing volatility, customers around the globe rely on CME Group as their premier source for managing risk. Formed by the 2007 merger of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade, CME Group is the largest and most diverse exchange in the world. We offer the widest range of benchmark products available on any exchange – providing you with the tools you need to meet your business objectives, achieve your financial goals and, ultimately, reach your vision.
Specifically, we offer futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, commodities, and alternative investment products such as weather and real estate. In 2006 our combined volume exceeded 2.2 billion contracts – worth more than $1,000 trillion – with three-quarters of our trades executed electronically. CME Clearing matches and settles all trades and guarantees the creditworthiness of every transaction that takes place in our markets.
CME Group, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ under the symbol “CME,” is dedicated to ongoing innovation and unsurpassed customer service so you can manage best what matters most.