O2Micro is seeking a patent agent. We develop and market innovative power management, and security components and systems for the Computer, Consumer, Industrial, and Communications markets. As a leading supplier of specialized devices designed to extend battery operating time, heighten efficiency, and enable secure e-commerce and security, O2Micro maintains an extensive portfolio of intellectual property that is vital to the company's business. O2Micro designs and develops digital, mixed signal and analog semiconductor products as well as virtual private networking (VPN) and firewall products.
O2Micro is a public company listed on Nasdaq (OIIM) with over 1000 employees worldwide and has been a past recipient of the award for Outstanding Financial Performance by A Public Company by the Fabless Semiconductor Association. We currently have an immediate opening for a Patent Agent having strong technical skills. This position will play a vital role in our legal department, which involves working closely with the General Counsel, other patent agents, outside patent attorneys, design engineers, and company Vice-Presidents to secure protection for inventions created by O2Micro. Further information on O2Micro can be found at www.o2micro.com.
• Draft and review U.S. patent applications
• Draft responses to Office Actions from the USPTO
• Instruct foreign patent counsels/associates regarding foreign filings and Office Actions
• Conduct reexamination proceedings before the USPTO
• Conduct infringement and invalidity analysis in support of patent litigation
• Eligible to practice before the USPTO
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
• Solid technical knowledge of analog circuitry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of experience in patent prosecution or patent examination with law firm or USPTO
• Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
We offer competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, FSA and ESPP.
Please email resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Santa Clara, California