Invention Law Group, PLLC is looking for a Senior Patent Attorney with our Licensing group. We are looking for an individual who loves fast-paced business action, is detail-oriented, independently motivated, and has the confidence and ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
• Working closely with business managers and senior executives, the Senior Patent Attorney will provide leadership and subject matter expertise primarily in the patent licensing area.
• Guide portfolio development for future licensing and enforcement,
• Partner with licensing executives to develop licensing strategy within vertical business unit
• Managing patent licensing and enforcement and asserting patents
• Conduct patent claims and patent infringement analysis
• Assist in negotiation of various outbound patent license agreements
• Provide guidance to prosecution (reissues, reexaminations, continuations, foreign filing, etc)
• Provide direction and effectively manage relationships with multiple outside counsel in all of the above.
• Play appropriate role (which could vary from support role to lead negotiator to sole attorney depending on complexity of the transaction and relationships) in drafting and negotiating complex contracts
• A qualified candidate will be a registered patent attorney, with strong offensive licensing experience, a broad electronics, technology, wireless, optical or biomedical background and possess the following:
• 10+ years patent law experience with 2+ years recent experience in IP licensing (preferably patent licensing)
• J.D., Law degree
• Registration before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and license to practice in at least one state (preferably Washington) is required.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably graduate degree) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or some other very closely related field is required.
• Broad technical knowledge, familiarity with relevant technologies
• Excellent negotiation and contract drafting skills
• Expert knowledge of principles, practices, case law and state of the art in patent licensing
• Experience in managing work groups of up to 5 people
• Experience managing outside counsel
• Ability to plan, organize and direct legal staff
• Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to work well with others and to quickly assimilate and understand information (including highly technical information)
• Ability to make sound business decisions
• Some work experience in an engineering role is preferred
Send a complete resume in HTML, Word, or PDF format to email@example.com. Invention Law Group, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Bellevue, Washington
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Their business model centers on creating, acquiring and licensing pure invention in a variety of technology areas. They plan to commercialize inventions through licensing, spin-offs, joint ventures and industry partnerships.
Nathan Myhrvold, former Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Corporation
Edward Jung, former Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation
Greg Gorder, former Partner, Perkins Coie, LLP
Peter Detkin, former Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Intel Corp
Currently IV has more than 350 team members from the technology and IP industries. The staff includes computer scientists, programmers, technicians, technical analysts and engineers, biotechnologists, physicists and mathematicians, intellectual property experts, patent attorneys, and licensing and business development executives.
For more information see: http://www.