Wyeth currently seeks a patent litigation attorney. By working at Wyeth, you can help others to live longer, more fulfilling lives while realizing other important professional objectives. Discovering and developing innovative products in the areas of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer healthcare, nutritional and animal healthcare, our global organization is dedicated to making the world a healthier place to live. Wyeth has a long-standing value of respect for people that promotes a diverse culture and an environment of mutual respect for our employees, customers, and communities. As a global corporation, Wyeth is committed to cultivating a diverse workplace where individuals from different backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints are valued.
• Supervises intellectual property litigation, e.g., litigation to enforce company’s intellectual property or to defend against actions brought by third parties.
• Manages outside counsel.
• Keeps internal management informed of status.
• Conducts litigations in a cost-effective manner.
• Responds to discovery requests.
• Works with in-house and expert witnesses.
• Counsels management and others within company concerning intellectual property issues, including relevant presentations.
• Assists in due diligence concerning intellectual property and related issues in a transaction.
• Maintains awareness of current developments in substantive law and client’s business environment.
• Provides IP litigation assistance to other law functions.
• Prepares opinions for R&D and business groups relating to patentability, validity, and infringement issues.
• JD, member of a state bar
• Minimum of 8 years patent litigation experience
• Hatch-Waxman Act experience
• Demonstrated exceptional judgment and critical thinking
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills
• Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Biology or other related technical field and combination of in-house and law firm experience preferred
Wyeth offers competitive compensation and benefits programs, including child-care subsidies, flex-time, business casual attire, educational assistance and professional development programs.
Wyeth is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Madison, NJ