Dalina, an intellectual property law firm representing innovative high-technology companies, is looking for a Patent Agent with a strong technical background in computer science or electrical engineering.This is an excellent opportunity to join an entrepreneurial environment and work closely with experienced practitioners. We offer excellent salaries and the ability to practice in an informal and collegial atmosphere.
Candidates must be able to work with inventors and firm attorneys as needed to:
• Take invention disclosures and author patent applications within a specified time constraint (generally 15-35 hours depending on complexity). This requires an ability to quickly comprehend and write about varying types of technological advances.
• Author office action responses and prior art searches through review of prior art to identify key differences between the prior art and an invention and then prepare arguments within 8-15 hours articulating these differences in a compelling and clearly presented matter.
• Review documents received from the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), determine the due date by which action is required and flawlessly assist with maintenance of the firm's document tracking and deadline database. An ability to be exceedingly detail oriented is a must.
• Meet or exceed the firm’s monthly billable hour requirement of 150/hours by tracking and entering all time spent on client matters on a daily basis.
• Document and follow the firm’s docketing procedures within 3 months of your start date.
• Review file wrappers and if necessary prepare an Information Disclosure Statement (IDS)
Prior patent experience and a USPTO registration are preferred, but not essential. Candidates willing to become registered before the USPTO will also be considered.
Interested applicants should contact Janet Wallace at email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Pasadena, California