To support its expanding global business, Cochlear is seeking a senior IP professional with vision and ambition to drive our global patent strategy forward. The role is based at our corporate headquarters and principal manufacturing facility located in Lane Cove, Sydney. As part of the Design & Development function, you will have responsibility for developing and implementing the IP strategy for all product lines globally. The objective is to ensure the patent portfolio is positioned to support our advanced technology development program and growth objectives.
• Development and Execution of the Patent Strategy: Leadership to establish a clear forward looking direction to establish Cochlear’s global patent strategy.
• Patent risk management: Develop, implement and maintain a process that aptly identifies and manages potential patent threats or risks relating to product development
• Patent acquisition: Lead and manage the Patents team to ensure effective and timely patent prosecution that deliver the IP strategy
• Trademark: Implement efficient trademark registration, maintenance and clearance
• Represent Cochlear and act on external matters relating to IP: Represent Cochlear, where required, in any patent infringement or prosecution cases; Brief external legal parties representing Cochlear for any prosecution
• Contract Management & Administration: Represent Cochlear in negotiations with collaborative research partners and competitors to ensure the contract delivers IP outcomes which support the patent strategy
• Budget Management: Establish an annual budget and cost are managed in line with the budget
• Patent attorney with engineering background and specialisation in Intellectual Property Law
• Extensive experience working with patent portfolios in high tech, engineering or the medical device industry.
• Patent attorney firm experience, ideally at Senior Associate or Partner level
• Expert knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and practice under National, US, European and Asian patent systems
• People & Project management experience
• Service oriented, excellent communicator and relationship building skills
• A law degree, IP Licensing experience (desirable)
Cochlear can offer you:
• An opportunity to play a strategic role to deliver on our brand promise of “Hear Now. And Always”
• A pivotal role in the growth strategy for Cochlear
• A high impact job - making a difference to the quality of peoples’ lives.
• Competitive salary package & benefits
• Great team environment
Make a defining career move & apply today! Apply online at http://careers.cochlear.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Sydney, Australia
For over 25 years, Cochlear has been the global leader in implantable hearing solutions and has helped 130,000 recipients to connect to family, friends and the world of sound. We are committed to a lifelong partnership of trust built on continual technology advancements, leading reliability and a track record of good science. As we continue to develop new products and revolutionise the industry, we are experiencing a new era of growth, change and opportunity right across the business.