Invention Law Group, PLLC is seeking a Patent Attorney for its Portfolio Administration group. We are looking for an individual who loves fast-paced business action, is detail-oriented, independently motivated, and has the confidence and ability to interact with clients and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
• Assisting in strategic management of existing portfolio of issued patents and on-going prosecution of pending cases
• Evaluating potential licensing value, technical merit, and patentability/validity of invention disclosures, patent applications and patents
• Reviewing and evaluating the quality, cost-effectiveness and scope of work performed by outside patent counsel
• Assisting in developing and implementing portfolio analysis and tracking tools to build infrastructure and enable efficient scaling of work for rapidly growing portfolio
• Managing docketing team to ensure accurate entry of patent information
• Managing staff of Paralegals and Patent Assistants responsible for researching and evaluating patent file histories and title assignments for patent due diligence
• J.D. degree from high-quality, ABA accredited law school
• Undergraduate degree in EE, Physics, or Computer Science
• Admission to Washington or other state bar
• Admission to practice before US Patent and Trademark Office
• At least four years experience as practicing patent attorney, with primary emphasis on patent prosecution in Wireless
• Ability to lead and manage a fast moving dynamic team
• Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills a must
• Due diligence investigations of patent portfolios
• Foreign prosecution
• In-house experience or other experience managing outside counsel
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invention Law Group, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Bellevue, Washington
Intellectual Ventures (“IV”) is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Their business model centers on creating, acquiring and licensing pure invention in a variety of technology areas.