The Leading Edge Law Group, PLC (“LELG”), is looking for an additional patent attorney.
• We are a four-lawyer IP boutique law firm located in Richmond, Virginia. Our practice includes patents, trademarks, copyrights and licensing. Two of our attorneys specialize in patent matters.
• LELG has an extensive technology infrastructure and extensive IP legal resources.
• Our offices are in the heart of downtown Richmond in Three James Center, overlooking the James River. We have a modern YMCA in our building and are in the middle of a great restaurant district.
• LELG is recommended by Chambers USA and holds a Martindale AV rating. John Farmer is listed in Best Lawyers in America.
• Find out a lot more at www.LeadingEdgeLaw.com.
About the Position:
• We are seeking an experienced patent attorney to join our firm. This person must have at least four years experience in patent prosecution and counseling.
• The candidate must have experience in patent prosecution of computer technology inventions. We strongly prefer that the candidate have either a degree in electrical engineering or computer science.
• The primary purpose of this hire is to replace one of our patent attorneys, who plans to retire soon. Specifically, we want to find an attorney who can take primary responsibility for our substantial patent-prosecution relationship with a large, publicly-traded patent client.
• We are open to discussing various work schedules and compensation models. Yet, with great success, we have used a model where one earns a substantial percentage of one’s collected productivity plus a percentage of one’s collected origination.
• This model pays partner-level percentages of productivity and origination without the lawyer having to make a capital contribution.
• It eliminates the need for a billable hour goal and gives you work flexibility.
• We take and keep only clients who pay on time, so working on a collected fees basis has worked fine.
• A candidate must have each of these attributes to be considered:
• At least four years of patent prosecution experience in a reputable legal environment,
• A reputation for doing high-quality work and for staying abreast of relevant IP legal developments,
• Solid educational credentials,
• Good writing and client-counseling ability, and
• A friendly and kind personality.
• While not required, it would be a bonus for a candidate to have these attributes:
• Experience and interest in trademarks, copyrights and licensing, and
• Exposure to intellectual property litigation.
Interested applicants should contact John B. Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia