T-Mobile USA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Intellectual Property attorney to use their patent prosecution expertise. This position offers a unique opportunity to proactively shape the development of T-Mobile's growing portfolio of intellectual property assets to meet the strategic needs of a company that is passionate about delivering innovative products and services to its customers. The attorney who fills this role will demonstrate an ability to provide expert-level legal advice and support to the business relating not just to patent procurement, but a wide variety of challenging intellectual property matters in a quickly evolving and changing industry. This attorney will report up to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel within the Legal Department at T-Mobile's corporate headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
• Working directly with inventors and outside prosecution counsel to guide inventive concepts in a wide variety of established and emerging technology areas, from disclosure through application and issuance (which may include some internal preparation and prosecution of patent applications);
• Taking a leading role in the selection, procurement and management of the company's patents domestically and internationally, as well as managing the company's patent incentive program;
• Conducting patent due diligence analysis and advising on acquisition and licensing opportunities;
• Advising internal business clients and legal staff on company's intellectual property policies and general IP law as well as assisting in the creation, implementation and communication of corporate intellectual property policies and training materials.
• Communicating and coordinating with European affiliates' IP counsel on global intellectual property issues, policies and licenses; and
• Teaming with company attorneys to analyze and address a variety of issues impacting the company's full range of intellectual property assets, including general intellectual property claims, technology licensing and litigation;
• Five+ years of total legal experience is required, of which a significant portion should have been spent in drafting and patent prosecution.
• Admission to practice before US Patent and Trademark Office
• A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or similarly relevant technological discipline, as well as law firm and/or previous in-house experience are strongly desired.
• Deep knowledge of US Patent Law and patent prosecution techniques, familiarity with US law regarding title transfers of patents and patent applications, and knowledge of basic PCT and some foreign Patent law and procedures.
• A demonstrated facility in prior art and assignment searching, licensing researching US and foreign patent law.
• Prior patent litigation or technology licensing experience are highly desirable.
• A passion for technology and demonstrable skills in understanding and communicating highly technical concepts quickly and accurately will be needed; specific telecommunications experience is a plus, but not required.
More generally, the successful candidate must have the aptitude for, and a strong desire to obtain, a deep and broad knowledge of wireless telecommunications products and services. A demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, to advance practical solutions, and to excel while working with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment, are required. Candidate must be detail-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and present a positive, customer-oriented manner to all clients and co-workers.
Get ready for more with T-Mobile: career growth, personal recognition, and a diverse, high-energy culture are just the beginning. You'll also enjoy competitive pay, special employee phone plans, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, medical and dental coverage, a great company-matched 401(k) plan, advanced training, and more.
At T-Mobile everyone has a voice! We strongly support diversity in the workforce and T-mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Please apply by visiting http://www.tmobile.jobs/ and searching for
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Bellevue, Washington
In today's hectic environment filled with constant motion, we at T-Mobile USA pride ourselves on providing wireless communications that allow our customers to stick together with the people who mean the most to them. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the mobile communications subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG (NYSE: DT) and serves more than 30 million customers nationwide. We have more than 40,000 employees who work together to keep our customers connected through the quality of our service, the span of our coverage, the reliability of our network and the value of our plans.