Pfizer Inc. is seeking an experienced patent attorney to participate in supporting Pfizer’s PharmaTherapeutics R& D in Groton, CT. The position’s responsibilities will include handling a variety of intellectual property issues relating to research and development in small molecule therapeutics.
• Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and PCT patent applications and directing the prosecution of foreign counterparts;
• Rendering opinions on patentability, freedom-to-operate (patent clearance), infringement, and validity issues;
• Performing patent due diligence studies for licensing opportunities; reviewing the IP provisions of agreements; and,
• Counseling colleagues from various functional areas, ranging from R&D to commercial operations.
• Advanced degree in chemistry (or possess an equivalent background by way of technical training or experience) as well as a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school, be a member in good standing of a state bar, and be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Minimum of three(preferably at least five)years' professional experience with a law firm, corporate legal department, and/or the USPTO. Candidates that meet this threshold of experience by including full time work within a law firm or corporate legal department while attending law school at night will be considered.
• Experience dealing with a diversity of IP matters. Specifically, the candidate must have significant direct experience handling patent preparation and prosecution and associated opinion/counseling support for small molecule therapeutic IP matters.
• Team-oriented self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills, be able to work under deadline pressures, and maintain close attention to detail
• Must be able to communicate effectively with both scientific and business colleagues and be able to engage in strategic as well as tactical discussions
Throughout our 153 years, a legacy of caring for others has been at the heart of everything we do at Pfizer. This commitment is no less important when it comes to our employees. Pfizer wants to ensure that employees have resources to help them develop and succeed both in their careers and personal lives. One way we can achieve this is through our comprehensive benefits program, which offers employees and their eligible dependents the variety and flexibility to help address their needs at different stages in life.
Pfizer Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets leading prescription medicines for humans and animals. Our innovative, value-added products improve the quality of life of people around the world and help them enjoy longer, healthier, and more productive lives. The company has two business segments: health care and animal health. Our products are available in more than 150 countries.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for Pfizer. Pfizer retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact.
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar: http://posttrak.arbita.net/cgi-bin/PostTrak.cgi?RefCode=R6526283408347
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Groton, Connecticut