MedImmune is seeking Corporate Counsel/Senior Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Property to work in its Gaithersburg, Md., headquarters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of large intellectual property estates in several therapeutic areas including oncology, inflammatory and infectious disease; antibody and other polypeptide-based technologies
• Closely interact with Research & Development organizations, including senior management, to identify new inventions and devise strategies for patent protection, risk mitigation
• Work with in-house attorneys, patent agents, and with outside counsel in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
• Evaluate and monitor patent portfolios of third parties
• Manage small team of attorneys and/or patent agents
• Provide IP and technical analysis in support of patent litigations
• Review and analyze license agreements and other contracts
• High level of professionalism and motivation, ability to work independently
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with rapidly changing priorities
• Outstanding legal skills, excellent attention to detail
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer skills (especially experience with databases)
• Effective management and leadership skill
Detailed and complex legan and technical analysis.
Some supervision, but much independence
• Attorney with a USPTO Reg. No.
• Ph.D. or M.S. with several years of laboratory experience
• At least 5 years patent prosecution experience in the area of therapeutic biologics
• At least 2 years of management experience
• In-house corporate biotech experience preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.medimmune.com/careers and search for Req #02910.
MedImmune is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.”
“This is My MedImmune.”
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc.
Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities…that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.