Rockwell Collins has an immediate need for an Associate Intellectual Property Counsel (Principal Corporate IP Counsel) in Cedar Rapids, IA. This is a highly visible position. This position provides opportunity to interface with upper management, engineers and corporate leaders of various organizations throughout the Rockwell Collins Enterprise. These organizations identify, develop and transition technologies that drive growth in the communications, navigation, computing systems, information systems, RF and miniaturization technologies arenas.
• Prepares or supervises the preparation and filing of patents and amendments.
• Provides legal advice and services to management regarding legal matters within the Intellectual Property area with some supervision.
• Responsible for assisting Chief IP counsel with developing and implementing corporate strategy related to Intellectual Property.
• Provides legal compliance training to management in areas of Intellectual Property and responsible for content of training modules.
• Manages or assists with routine litigation related to Intellectual Property.
• Performs IP due diligence in connection with acquisitions.
• Develops aspects of our Intellectual Property strategies and manages the implementation of those strategies.
• Periodically advises management on IP concerns involving transactions.
• Performs patent studies on assigned topics.
• Assists Corporate Development in patent licensing and counseling related thereto.
• Performs work on all phases of complex licensing matters.
• At least 4 years experience providing proactive legal advice and counseling to management regarding all aspects of intellectual property law for a corporation, preferably in the aerospace or electronics industry
• BS in engineering or equivalent technical degree preferred; 2-3 years hands on engineering experience a plus
• JD degree from ABA accredited school
• USPTO registration
• Thorough understanding of US patent practice, including at least 3 years experience primarily devoted to preparation and prosecution, preferably in a law firm
• Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with outside counsel in support of patent preparation and prosecution
• Must be a self starter who is able to simultaneously support intellectual property concerns on multiple matters
• Must have effective and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with FAR/DFAR provisions concerning interpretation and application of rights in technical data and computer software preferred
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, and six years of related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, twelve years of related experience.
Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
Apply by emailing Rita Sackett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Advance your future in Corporate Law…
If you want to grow personally and professionally, we invite you to explore Rockwell Collins.
Established global, Fortune 500 aerospace company - Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and defense. Our expertise in avionics communication and electronics solutions is strengthened by our service and support network that spans 27 countries. Working together, our global team of 20,000 employees works to push the limits of technology. Motivated by the wants and needs of our customers, we strive to make the impossible possible ... the unthinkable, reachable.