MedImmune is seeking a Senior Patent Agent or an IP Counsel (Patent Attorney) to work in its Gaithersburg, Md., headquarters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and prosecute patent applications (US and ex-US)
• Work with outside counsel in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
• Actively counsel members of Research & Development organization in identification of new inventions as well as devise and implement strategies for patent protection over extended drug development life cycle
• Manage all aspects of large intellectual property estates in the areas of oncology, inflammation, and infectious disease; particularly with regards to antibody and other polypeptide-based technologies
• Evaluate and monitor patent portfolios of third parties
• Develop and communicate IP guidance to Business Development during licensing and acquisition efforts
• Review and analyze transactional agreements (e.g., MTAs, CDAs, collaboration agreements)
• Present complicated intellectual property issues to senior management
• Provide IP and technical analysis in support of patent litigations as needed
• At least 3-5 years patent prosecution experience. Law firm experience strongly preferred.
• Licensed Attorney required for IP Counsel.
• Ph.D. or equivalent, and/or several years of laboratory experience in relevant scientific area.
• USPTO Registration Number required.
• Understanding of experimental details of molecular/cellular biological research
• Understanding of complex scientific inventions and processes
• High level of professionalism and motivation, ability to work independently
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with rapidly changing priorities
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer skills (especially experience with patent and science databases)
To apply online please click here:
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
MedImmune is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune’s approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.