Kraft Foods is seeking to make an appointment of a Patent Counsel to be based in East Hanover NJ to support its Snacks business. Some of the brands this position will support include: Oreo cookies, Ritz crackers, and Planters nuts.
This position will report directly to the US-based Chief Counsel, Patents, Snacks and Confectionery and join as a key member of an established, dynamic and high-profile Legal and Compliance Department numbering some 180 professionals worldwide. Working closely with both Kraft's management and technical personnel the counsel will play a key role in:
• Leading U.S., regional, and global freedom-to-operate and other related
projects and management of external counsel regarding same.
• Providing counseling to colleagues in R&D, commercial legal, marketing, innovation and other groups regarding patent matters.
• Identifying and evaluating new inventions.
• Managing patent prosecution and patent portfolio for Kraft Snacks category, including management of external patent prosecution counsel.
• Negotiating and preparing licenses and other agreements.
• Providing support for patent related litigation and conflicts.
• Conducting competitor monitoring and competitive analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree and JD degree required
• Minimum of 5 years of legal experience
• Must be a licensed U.S. patent attorney
• Must processes relevant technical background (e.g., chemistry, food science or chemical engineering) and relevant experience
• Prefer prior experience in both a law firm and as in-house patent counsel
• Must be willing to travel up to 10%
Apply online by visiting this link: https://kraftfoods.taleo.net/careersection/kraft_careersite_external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=78108.
Kraft Foods is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Kraft therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: East Hanover, New Jersey
Kraft Foods is the world's second largest food and beverage company. Do you have a passion for food? Want to make a delicious difference? Kraft Foods is a company that challenges and inspires you to achieve your best, rewards you with professional career development and personal satisfaction, and values who you are. We understand that actions speak louder than words, so at Kraft Foods:
• We inspire trust
• We act like owners
• We keep it simple
• We are open and inclusive
• We tell it like it is
• We lead from the head and the heart
• We discuss. We decide. We deliver.
We make today delicious in over 145 countries where we sell our products. And, our employees can be seen in action in more than 70 countries. At Kraft Foods, we relish innovative thinking and fresh ideas -- we invite you to consider having a seat at the table.