Trading Technologies is currently seeking a driven and talented Patent Lawyer for the Intellectual Property (IP) team in Chicago, Illinois. The Patent Lawyer will have an integral role in the development and management of Trading Technologies expanding global patent portfolio in the trading software industry. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and comfortable with teamwork.
• Help to continue to strategically build a patent portfolio.
• Work closely with our Engineering, R&D and Product Management departments.
• Generate new disclosures.
• Prosecute patent applications.
• Work with outside counsel on prosecution matters.
• Work on patent acquisition projects.
• Monitor and evaluate industry patents.
• Assist with litigation/licensing as needed.
• Provide other general legal advice.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science.
• Admission to a state bar and the Patent Bar.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated prosecution experience as a Patent Lawyer, preferably with extensive computer software experience.
• Experience prosecuting patent applications filed in the business method art units is a plus.
• Experience dealing with IP issues and working with law firms outside the U.S.
• In-house as wells as outside counsel experience is a plus.
• Experienced, creative, confident, well organized, and a self-starter.
• Excellent communication skills.
TT is committed to providing an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. We invest heavily in employee satisfaction. Competitive salaries, stock options, company-matched retirement plans, low-cost comprehensive health benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, 22 days of paid time off plus holidays, pre-tax commuting benefits, health club subsidies, company-sponsored social outings, game room lounges, an ultra-casual work environment, and free breakfast and beverages are just some of the benefits of working at TT.
TT is looking for candidates that put forth a serious effort for a serious reward!
222 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60606
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
Are you interested in exploring your passion and developing your knack in an industry that demands technological innovation? Trading Technologies (http://www.tradingtechnologies.com) develops high-performance trading software for derivatives professionals, including the world’s premier investment banks, proprietary traders, brokers, Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs), hedge funds and other trading institutions. The company’s X_TRADER® software and related services provide direct access to dozens of the major international derivatives exchanges. TTNET™, TT’s fully managed hosting solution, delivers maximum system stability and fast trade execution via hubs located close to the major exchanges in Chicago, New Jersey, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and Tokyo. Headquartered in Chicago with 11 offices globally, TT has received "best in class" awards from numerous independent third parties including FOW, Buy-Side Technology, The Technical Analyst and Chicago magazines as well as the Illinois Information Technology Association (ITA).