Solazyme has an opportunity available in our Intellectual Property Department for a IP Paralegal to support Solazyme's legal efforts and business needs The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of patent preparations and filings.
• Docketing US and foreign prosecution deadlines
• Creation, preparation and management of patent and trademark files
• Managing and updating status reports to track the progress of all US and foreign patent and trademark related deadlines
• Assist in the preparation of documents for filing with the USPTO
• Trademark searches and analysis
• Correspond with outside counsel
• Provide administrative support of other IP-related documents/projects
• 2-5 years prior patent docketing experience; familiarity with PCT applications and Trademarks is required.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, preferred.
• In-house experience at a bio- or clean- technology company preferred.
• Must have outstanding organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, including Excel and powerpoint requried
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Solazyme’s home page at www.solazyme.com and proceed to our Career Page; No other forms of application will be accepted.
Solazyme is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Francisco, California
Solazyme, Inc. is the leading renewable oils and bio-products company. We use algal biotechnology to renewably produce clean and scalable fuels, chemical, foods and health science products. Solazyme’s advanced and proprietary technology uses algae to produce oils and biomaterials in standard fermentation facilities quickly, cleanly, cost effectively and at large scale.