Alere Inc. is seeking a patent counsel to be based in Waltham, MA or in San Diego, CA.
The patent counsel will advise internal scientific and business clients located throughout Alere. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as with remotely located colleagues and internal clients. This position reports to the Chief IP Counsel.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Development and maintenance of patent portfolios related to diagnostic markers and point-of-care devices;
• Freedom to operate analyses;
• Due diligence on acquired and in-licensed technology;
• Managing outside counsel in IP matters relevant to Alere’s business; and
• Drafting and review of IP-related contracts.
• J.D. from an accredited law school with an advanced degree and/or significant research experience in a life science/biotechnology discipline.
• Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for between 5 and 8 years.
• Experience prosecuting patent applications and conducting freedom to operate analyses in life sciences/biotechnology essential.
• Law firm experience as a patent agent or attorney preferable.
Alere offers a competitive compensation package, including medical and dental benefits, 401K with company match, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, vacation and holiday pay, casual atmosphere and more.
Alere Inc. is an equal employment/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://alerecareers.com/alere_inc_careers.html.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Waltham, Massachusetts or San Diego, California
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), is a global leader in enabling individuals to take charge of their health at home through the merger of rapid diagnostics and health management. By developing new capabilities in near-patient diagnosis, monitoring and health management, Alere enables individuals to take charge of improving their health and quality of life at home. Alere’s global leading products and services, as well as its new product development efforts, focus on infectious disease, cardiology, oncology, drugs of abuse and women’s health. Alere is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. For additional information on Alere, please visit www.alere.com.