Maquet is seeking a Patent Attorney who will report directly to the General Counsel and will provide patent drafting and prosecution services, assuring protection of the company’s legal rights and ability to market and sell its products, and review and draft contracts for the company (both general business related and intellectual property related).
- Patent prosecution, including the preparation, filing, and prosecution of new patent applications.
- Draft and review business contracts, including supply and manufacturing agreements, purchase agreements, licenses, etc.
- Supporting counsel in the preparation of intellectual property related legal opinions on issues such as freedom to operate, ownership, infringement, and validity.
- Supporting patent related due diligence in commercial transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, and licensing.
- Communicate effectively with R&D on patent matters.
- Admitted to the Bar (NJ or NY preferred).
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or physics strongly preferred.
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
- A minimum of three year's patent prosecution experience. Experience reviewing and drafting contracts is a plus.
- Must be familiar with patent related case law and have experience in analyzing the patentability of inventions and the validity of patents, and drafting related opinions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within business clients, and with multinational personnel from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and locations.
- Be highly motivated, with the ability to pro-actively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities.
- A flexible and proactive approach to problems and demands, with the ability to thrive on challenge and react quickly and positively to a fast-moving and challenging environment.
- A record of providing legal services in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
Apply online by visiting this link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2398&company=Getinge&username=. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. MAQUET is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Mahwah, New Jersey