Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. has an immediate opening in our Milwaukee office for a Paralegal/Docketing Specialist in our Intellectual Property Department. This is a rare opportunity for the well-qualified candidate to join a dynamic and growing legal department at a large, established law firm that offers career growth potential as the practice grows. You will assist and support timekeepers in meeting the needs and demands of their clients in patent- related matters in the Intellectual Property practice area. You will join an award-winning team with a sophisticated practice. Their philosophy involves a synergistic approach to intellectual property protection and intangible asset management.
- Learn all phases of the patent process and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain docket.
- Assist registered practitioners with filings with US Patent Office.
- Assist registered practitioners with communications with foreign counsel.
- Communicate with the USPTO.
- Open new clients and matters and follow all appropriate procedures for this process.
- Enter data for new cases in appropriate database and task the appropriate attorney for all deadlines.
- Check CPI Database and keep updated.
- Run all appropriate docket reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Enter incoming and outgoing correspondence into CPI docketing system daily.
- Print and docket correspondence from PAIR receive daily.
- Prepare and send quarterly annuity/MF letters to clients.
- Research and review files, databases and other resources to obtain information.
- Organize docket deadlines.
- Effectively prioritize daily workload based on available time and deadlines.
- Assist timekeepers with managing priorities, deadlines and docket.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Take an interest in client matters and gain background knowledge about clients and their businesses.
- Take lead on preparing client correspondence and substantive patent prosecution documents.
- Analyze and identify resources to increase efficiency and add value to services we provide.
- Experience in all phases of the patent process and familiarity in the U.S. Patent Office is preferred, but we will train the right candidate.
- General understanding of patent docketing procedures is preferred, but we will train the right candidate
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Positive attitude and good people skills.
- Excellent written, oral and e-mail communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and make practical decisions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must take initiative and be comfortable working in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle/complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, vocabulary and language skills.
- Efficient, flexible and patient.
- Ability to display complete discretion and tactfulness with confidential information.
- Bachelors' Degree required.
Our constant focus is on superior client services. If you can demonstrate the skills and commitment required for this position, we welcome you to discover the Reinhart Advantage. Please forward your resume along with a cover letter to: Cindy Miilu-Draper Employee Relations & Staff Recruiting Manager Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. 1000 North Water Street, Suite 1700 Milwaukee, WI 53202 Or e-mail Cindy at: email@example.com
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin