Patent Properties is seeking an experienced Technical Analyst. We are a well-funded startup with an all-star team founded by Jay Walker (founder of Priceline.com), and we’re looking for A-players to help us bring an innovative patent licensing marketplace from concept to reality. If working with an incredible team to build something truly disruptive that can solve a huge problem for society at large sounds interesting to you, let’s talk. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something special.
What You Will Do
- Review and summarize product and service specifications to develop and validate relevant patent search parameters.
- Proficiently utilize patent databases and related reporting tools for searching patent publications and evaluate/modify the relevance and quality of reports generated by such reporting tools.
- Search and identify additional information when customer documentation is lacking.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in one of the following areas: Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Software or Mechanical), Electronic and Mobile Communications, Medical Devices, Green Technologies, Computer Systems and Networks, Cryptography, Software development, retail networks, Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) including graphics, interface design, software/hardware communication.
- The ability to span an array of technology areas is highly preferred.
- Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred
- Experience in evaluating technical literature in the area of subject matter expertise.
- Strength in evaluation and developing a search methodology and results relating to highly technical subject matter and patent claims.
- Strong time management skills and dependable in completing quality projects against deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
How We Like to Work
- In small, super-productive teams
- With as little process as possible
- With self-motivated people with an entrepreneurial mindset
- With people who express themselves, have a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- An incredible team
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Full medical and dental benefits
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
To apply, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut