LSI Solutions is seeking a Patent Administrative Assistant to apply his/her experience, knowledge, organization skills, and communication skills to work closely with LSI’s in-house patent agent to facilitate and support intellectual property efforts.
The Patent Administrative Assistant executes administrative duties for the Intellectual Property Team, ensuring that an accurate and effective IP docket is maintained, while enabling efficient usage of patent practitioner time. Activities will be of a scheduled and unscheduled nature. Travel may be required, but is not anticipated. Position may involve frequent & prolonged standing and some lifting.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and docketing incoming patent correspondence;
- Preparing forms/paperwork associated with the filing of U.S. and international patent applications;
- Preparing docket reports;
- Obtaining copies of U.S. and international patent documents;
- Keeping various patent files up-to-date with correspondence from both counsel and patent offices;
- Preparing shells for responses to various patent office actions;
- Uploading electronic documents to the U.S. Patent Office;
- Preparing documents for hard-copy filing with the patent office;
- Preparing information disclosure statements;
- Communicating effectively and professionally with outside counsel and in-house personnel;
- Documenting administrative procedures;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable typing speed (~40WPM), but highly accurate;
- Attention to detail and accuracy when entering names, numbers, addresses, dates, and other information;
- Legible handwriting;
- Ability to keep highly confidential information confidential;
- Ability to accurately review/proofread long documents which may have unfamiliar terms;
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job (enjoyment of ongoing-learning is a must);
- Receptive to training and constructive criticism;
- Works independently but is comfortable asking questions and receiving direction;
- Extremely organized and willing to learn/follow a patent filing system and to keep patent files up-to-date;
- Adept with Microsoft Windows and MS-Office 2010/2013 (specifically with MS-Word, MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint. Experience with MS-Access is a plus.)
- Comfortable preparing and updating reports based on information gathered from multiple sources;
- Comfortable documenting procedures;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Enjoys reading;
- Comfortable following detailed checklists for certain activities;
- Ability to multi-task and manage time;
- Takes initiative;
- Flexibility and dedication to work towards time sensitive deadlines.
- Has experience working in an administrative capacity with one or more patent agents/attorneys;
- Has an administrative understanding of the patent application/prosecution process and related forms for U.S., PCT, and foreign patents;
- Experienced in reviewing incoming patent correspondence for accuracy and to flag potential issues;
- Experienced in docketing actions for patent matters;
- Experienced in preparing patent docketing reports;
- Knows how to obtain copies of U.S. and international patent documents;
- Experienced in keeping patent matter files up-to-date;
- Experienced in keeping a USPTO Deposit Account up-to-date;
- Experienced in preparing shell responses for patent office actions;
- Experienced in uploading documents electronically with the U.S. Patent Office in preparation for electronic filing;
- Experienced in properly filing/submitting paper documents to the US Patent Office (as opposed to electronic filing);
- Experienced in preparing patent information disclosure statements;
- Experienced in flagging certain professional reading opportunities relative to patent law (for example, from the Official Gazette (USPTO), from the Federal Register, or from the USPTO website);
- Experienced in communicating professionally with outside counsel (both U.S. and foreign), mainly by email, but also by telephone.
- At a minimum, a High School Diploma is required.
- Successful completion of secretarial/administrative classes or equivalent experience is preferred. A B.A. or B.S. degree (preferably secretarial, paralegal, or administrative-related) is also preferred, but is not necessary.
- The successful candidate will possess above-average grades (especially in English and Writing), excellent communication skills, a good work ethic, and an ability & willingness to learn.
- An active Notary Public license is preferred, however licensure can be obtained after hiring.
- Candidate must meet certain legal requirements to obtain licensure.
LSI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply online by visiting this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=lsisol#.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Victor, New York