Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC is recruiting for a Patent Prosecution Secretary in their Alexandria, VA office. The Patent Prosecution Secretary will support members of our Intellectual Property Group.
- Providing domestic and foreign patent prosecution secretarial support to attorneys and patent agents;
- Preparing applications, responses and other patent prosecution documents for filing with the United States Patent and Trademark Office "USPTO" and reporting filings to clients;
- Reviewing and maintaining attorney's dockets and entering their time into DTE on a daily basis;
- Offering support for miscellaneous client-related projects;
- Performing general secretarial duties including but not limited to preparing routine correspondence, reading and routing mail, file maintenance, and screening attorney's incoming telephone calls.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years of patent prosecution secretarial experience with domestic and foreign patent prosecution preferably in a law firm environment.
- Display excellent knowledge of and the ability to interpret and utilize current domestic and foreign patent prosecution procedures, correspondence and documents.
- Ability to prepare USPTO filings, draft correspondence to clients and enter attorney's time utilizing proper grammar and accurate spelling.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team with your peers and attorneys.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Technically savvy.
- Typing speed of 60 - 70 WPM; ability to produce accurate and attractive letters, USPTO filings, documents and reports.
- Good proof reading and editing skills - attention to detail is a must.
- Experience working with Lecorpio a plus, though not required.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offer a benefits package that includes
- 401K Program
- Pension Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
To apply to this position visit: https://careers.bipc.com/Default.aspx?Tab=DDB54A17-24F1-480A-8FE4-7E521F94C2FF&cssUrl=true&Requisition=16111. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Alexandria, Virginia