TherapeuticsMD is seeking an intellectual property attorney. Under the direction of the General Counsel, the IP Counsel will primarily provide patent drafting and prosecution support to the Company, including planning and execution of life cycle management technologies.
This position is located at the Boca Raton, Florida company headquarters. There will be opportunity to work on diverse legal matters such as business-strategic protection of IP, licensing, IP litigation management/support, dispute settlement, regulatory exclusivity, and contracts. It is anticipated that no more than 15% domestic travel may be required.
- BS or higher degree in organic chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering (pharma), molecular biology, or comparable technologies
- JD degree and licensed to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- Registered as patent attorney at USPTO
- 5+ years of experience in US patent prosecution and IP legal practice
- Experience prosecuting foreign patents
- Experience with patent portfolio development, licensing, and enforcement in a corporate context is highly desirable
- Hatch-Waxman experience is highly desirable, including a well-rounded understanding of regulatory exclusivity and the intersection between IP and the FDA regulatory environment
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to write and prosecute clear patent applications, amendments, legal and business documents
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently prosecute patent applications
- Legal creativity and the ability to think originally
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze patentability and patent freedom-to-operate matters
- Technical competence in one or more of the following fields: Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering (pharma), Molecular Biology, or comparable technologies, is required.
- Candidates having prior experience prosecuting pharmaceutical/small molecule are preferred.
TherapeuticsMD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Boca Raton, Florida